Types of Egg Donors
There are two main types of donors in egg donation
This is where a sister, relative, or friend is prepared to undergo IVF procedures to provide eggs to the recipient. The advantages of having a known donor are that the genetic origin of the eggs is known and the waiting time for the treatment can be significantly reduced.
This is where individuals voluntarily undergo IVF procedures to provide eggs for other individuals or couples altruistically. In the case of clinic-recruited donation, the recipient does not know the donor, and the donor’s identity may remain unknown to the recipient. A donor must, however, agree to release identifying information to a donor-conceived child once they reach 18 years of age or a sufficient maturity.
All Eeve donors are clinically recruited.
Where do Eeve egg donors come from?
Eeve Donor Bank offers clinic-recruited donors both locally, recruited through our partner company Egg Donors Australia, and overseas, from The World Egg and Sperm Bank, Manor Medical, and Genesis International Egg and Sperm Centre.
Choosing a local or an overseas donor depends largely on your individual preferences and donor egg availability. For instance, if your ethnic background is especially valuable to you, you may start by narrowing the egg donor selection down to egg donors with the same ancestry.
Eeve Donor Bank endorses the right of persons born from donated eggs to know the details of their genetic origins; therefore we adhere to the NHMRC’s Guidelines for the release of donor’s identifying information. The donor identities are not otherwise disclosed to recipients.
Click here to learn more about Eeve’s donor profiles. Otherwise, if you require support shortlisting your perfect donors, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Things to consider
- Egg availability is subject to demand. Number of eggs available from an individual donor cycle, number of reservations for a particular donor and donor withdrawal from the program can all effect donor egg availability.
- Overseas donors are unavailable in Victoria due to state regulations. If you are based in Victoria and are interested in reserving an overseas donor egg, please contact our friendly staff to know what your options are.
- Patients who are not local to our QLD, NSW, or WA clinics but wanting to access donor eggs in these locations, please contact us for more information on what your options are.
- Embryos created with Eeve Donor Bank that need to be exported to another facility will incur a service charge.
- Repeat patients may re-order the same donor at any time, pending availability.
- Local donated eggs. Eeve operates an active Egg Donor Program with Egg Donors Australia and City Fertility, to provide individuals or couples who do not produce eggs, or cannot use the eggs they produce, with the opportunity to build a family. Egg Donors Australia recruits local Australian egg donors aged between 18-32 years of age. Donors are altruistic, counselled, screened for medical and genetic conditions and comply with Australian Federal and State legislation. To read more things you should consider when choosing a donor from Egg Donors Australia, click here.
- Overseas donated eggs from The World Egg Bank. Eeve has a partnership with The World Egg and Sperm Bank (TWESB) to provide fresh and frozen eggs for recipients. TWESB donors on Eeve are 18-32 years of age, altruistic, counselled, fully screened and compliant with relevant Australian Federal and State legislation. To read more about things to consider when choosing a donor from The World Egg and Sperm Bank, click here.
- Overseas donated eggs from Genesis International. Eeve has partnered with Genesis International Egg and Sperm Centre, a specialist in providing donor eggs with Asian ancestry, to provide fresh* eggs for recipients. Genesis International donors on Eeve are 18-32 years of age, altruistic, counselled, fully screened and compliant with relevant Australian Federal and State legislation, To read more about things to consider when choosing a donor from Genesis International, click here. *Eggs can be frozen and transported to Australia.
- Overseas donated eggs from Manor Medical. EEVE has partnered with Manor Medical to provide Ukraine and Georgian Frozen donor eggs for recipients. Manor Medical’s donors on EEVE are 18-32 years of age, altruistic, counselled, fully screened and compliant with relevant Australian Federal and State legislation. To read more about things to consider when choosing a donor from Manor Medical, click here.